Helpful
Replies

Need to add another FastEthernet or Ethernet to Cisco Router 2620

Mohamed Lotfy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I need you help and advice please.

Now I need to add another Fast-Ethernet or Ethernet to Cisco Router 2620, I’m already purchase Module NM-1FE2W but it wasn’t working with the 2620 Router.

•1- Is there any way to add Module NM-1FE2W to the 2620 Router ?

•2- If No , What’s the best Module that support the 2620 Router and allow me to add more Fast-Ethernet or Ethernet interfaces??

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Majed Saeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohammad ,

Please check below link includes all interfaces and modules supported by Cisco 2600 platform . As I checked you can get FastEthernet/Ethernet .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

R,

Majed .

View solution in original post

Thanks for your fast reply, but regarding to the document is that mean no way to add the Module NM-1FE2W to the 2620 Router ?

Hmmmm ... There have been people who've added an NM-1FE into a 2600 router.  You'll search/find Cisco documentation that will tell you it will and it WON'T work.  But it can work if the router is an 2600XM.  If your router does not have a built-in fastethernet ports, then it won't work.

If I remembered correctly, for the 2600, NM-1E or NM-4E will work.

Hi Mohammad ,

Actually if check the table which is tagged with LAN Network Modules or LAN and WIC Combo Network Modules , you will get something close to your order .

R,

Majed

4 Replies 4

Majed Saeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohammad ,

Please check below link includes all interfaces and modules supported by Cisco 2600 platform . As I checked you can get FastEthernet/Ethernet .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

R,

Majed .

Dear Majed,

Thanks for your fast reply, but regarding to the document is that mean no way to add the Module NM-1FE2W to the 2620 Router ?

And can you please for advice me what's the Module that can be compatible with the 2620 Router ?

Thanks

Hmmmm ... There have been people who've added an NM-1FE into a 2600 router.  You'll search/find Cisco documentation that will tell you it will and it WON'T work.  But it can work if the router is an 2600XM.  If your router does not have a built-in fastethernet ports, then it won't work.

If I remembered correctly, for the 2600, NM-1E or NM-4E will work.

Hi Mohammad ,

Actually if check the table which is tagged with LAN Network Modules or LAN and WIC Combo Network Modules , you will get something close to your order .

R,

Majed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card