cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to know sfp compatibility with another vendor

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

I have a cisco sfp (SFP-10G-SR) and i need to connect it to  a DELL sfp (SFP-10G-SR) part number is WTRD1. are they compatible with each other? the dell sfp has the attached info

12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per standard that should work - this can only be confirmed once connected and tested.

if you have both the sides optic available, you need to test.  (my past experience it works with other vendor with 10G-SR)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

problem is I need to confirm first in order to buy the cisco sfp as i dont have it.  is there some kind of method to tell if two sfp can work with each other ? for example the wave length matching?

as i mentioned It works as expected, if you have more concern you can buy both side cisco 10G-SR SFP Optic to meet the requirement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In essence the question 'doesn't matter' , the only thing  that counts is that the fiber-mode must be the same at both ends (and or both ends can then use their own-branded sfp's accordingly).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

If i want to buy the cisco SFP-10G-SR , is this the part model that i ask the seller to purchase "SFP-10G-SR" or there is some other part model name?

- For your cisco devices enter the switch-model (e.g.) here : https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/ , you will then find the full model names of the compatible sfp's (too).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

No I'm asking what should i tell the my purchasing people to buy is it simply cisco SFP-10G-SR or there is a specific part number for this sfp?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The optics are fine.  
I want to know what platform is the Cisco side connected on.

cisco WS-C3850-24P with C3850-NM-2-10G module

@baselzind wrote:
cisco WS-C3850-24P with C3850-NM-2-10G module

What firmware and what is the uptime.

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

regarding the mmf cable that i need to get for this sfp , does any OM work or it need to be a certain OM?

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-455693.html  

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card