cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Device Repository/Database to keep Inventory & other info

syedraza1512
Level 1
Level 1

I need your help to find a solution/tool which can serve as network repository for our organization.  This tool can be database of all network device including servers to keep Visio diagrams, change logs, specify location, escalations, primary and secondary contacts etc. 

I have heard of Orion but I think it can’t hold Visio diagrams with devices.  If you know any other tools that can do all that for me, it will be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

Orion is a good tool if you want to do most of what you ask.

There may be a need to incorporate a couple different tool sets.

You will need different bolt on applications to make everything you want work.

The only thing I am not sure of is the escalations part.  That sounds like a ticketing system.

stephen.stack
Level 4
Level 4

I've always used sharepoint for managing diagrams as it has built in version control. It handles document management very well.

If you were so inclined you could build your own database for device information in sharepoint also and link the devices to diagrams

Of course there is no one tool to manage all of your requirements. That's why I'll plug my own tool for configuration backups of your network devices.

See below or Cisco cafe forum on this site for more info.

www.rconfig.com

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card