cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Games

vchoudhary
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem stoping some users from playing Multiuser Network Games in my Local LAN, Games like Counter Strike etc.

I have reserched on it but I am not sure how what configuration I need to do to stop this Multiusers Network Games in the LAN...If anyone of you can help me on this..That would be great Help

Thanks in Advance.

Vishal

4 Replies 4

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Vishal,

I'm not an expert in these games but I'm sure they use some kind of transport protocol, maybe a specific port number etc.

If you find out what potocol/port number they use we may help you write the access-lists to filter out the game-specific traffic (and only that traffic) on the network.

Cheers:

Istvan

Thanks Istvan, I will try to find out the protocol and port used by these games.

Thanks

Vishal

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can deny the application running via Active Directory. Some anti-virus suite can be configured to stop these applications from running (like McAfee and ZoneAlarm).

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Multi user with other hosts on Internet or just other hosts on LAN or both?

For Internet, depending on you FW, it may have options to filter out and/or block "known" game sites and/or game traffic.

For internal, if "user" subnets only have user hosts, you might block all traffic between them except what is known to be needed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card