Views
Helpful
Replies

Next Cycle of Switches & WLAN to Replace Old Network Devices

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

We are looking to replace some of our old network devices and what would be the next cycle of recommended replacement switches for below devices:

WS-C3850-24XS-E–> This is used for L3

WS-C3650-48FD-L–> This is used for Access switch

AIR-CT5508-K9 –This is used for Cisco Wireless LAN Controller

AIR-CAP1602I-A-K9 - Used for Cisco Wireless access point

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Layer 3 Features - Cat 9300, only Layer 2 (cat 9200)

WLC - Cat 9800 Future

AP 91XX new AP Model i go with

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Layer 3 Features - Cat 9300, only Layer 2 (cat 9200)

WLC - Cat 9800 Future

AP 91XX new AP Model i go with

BB

For my info how did you go about picking these devices based on existing devices for someone who is new do you have a tool or something else you use? 

Hello
Depends on if you would like future proof you purchases like the replacements being SD-WAN capable?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

That's a good point I would have to bring that up with the client but if we do end up going with SD-WAN what would be replacement devices that we could use based on our existing devices? 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/switch-selector.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/access-point-controller-selector.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

i was googling trying to find exact EOL dates for these devices it lead me to try to using check device coverage which i can see all of these device have End-of-Life Announcement Dates released as shown below links but is it me or I can't see the actual EOL dates for these devices, can you guys guide where can I get this info or if it's not yet available?

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco C3850 Fiber SKUs - Cisco

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Catalyst 3650 - Cisco

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco 5508 Wireless Controller - Cisco

There is different each one has  - End-of-life milestones

Cisco anounce end of life, and end of last shipment. end of code support, end of last hw support. after that the product is no Longer support by cisco, this means- Apirl 2022 onwards you can not buy, but if you have product you can take support 2027, last softwware maintenece will be 2023

make sense ? this is example.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card