Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3K VPC and active active solution

blackmetal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
i have 2x N3K-C3064PQ-10GX and each n3k has 2x 10G LACP from my upstream and 2x 10G LACP downlink to my access switch and both n3k are connected to same upstream router and i have run VPC between my n3k and i am 50x vlan with same config on both n3k and i am announcing 85.123.x.x/24 with no prepeding and such things on both nexus to my upstream router, so in this case some traffic reach my network from Nexus A and some of them reach me From Nexus B but in this case %80-90 of my traffic are reaching me from n3k B and here is my vpc config for n3k A :

vpc domain 1
peer-switch
role priority 20
system-priority 120
peer-keepalive destination 172.x.x.111 source 172.16.x.110
peer-gateway
auto-recovery
ip arp synchronize

interface port-channel20
vpc peer-link

and this is vpc config for n3k nexus B

vpc domain 1
peer-switch
role priority 30
system-priority 120
peer-keepalive destination 172.x.x.110 source 172.x.x.111
peer-gateway
auto-recovery
ip arp synchronize

interface port-channel20
vpc peer-link

and because i want to have active-active senario i do not want to use HSRP or VRRP and there are currently 2 questions :

1) on each nexus i am seeing the following log :
2020 Oct 15 11:03:02 ATM-N3K-Master %ARP-2-DUP_SRC_IP: arp [3565] Source address of packet received from 24e9.b3xx.xxxx on VlanYYYY(por
t-channel20) is duplicate of local, 185.x.x.x

is it normal ? can i ignore it ?

2) none of my users does not have any complaint in this senario but two of my customer told me when they are using such softwares such as teamspeak every 5-10 minutes they have packet resend, but i am not sure my users report are correct or not and i do not trust to these users report, so do you think this is related to my network or its from user side?
i was thinking maybe its related to ARP issue because for example this customer has ARP from nexus B for 10minutes and after 10minutes it will get Arp from nexus A but because i want to make sure about this i have put both vlan gateway and user assigned ip (Server IP) under ping for 5-6Hours and there were no packet loss ! whats your idea?

THank you.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we need more information, on high level how these device connected.

if you looking both device need to be peer with uplink device. you need to have seperate Layer 3 link between nexus (you should not use vpc link here)

Are you running any HSRP on nexus . look below nice document help you.

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/us/docs/2016/pdf/BRKDCT-2334.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

blackmetal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

on high level if your mean is my upstream switch , both n3k are connected to the same upstream switch and each n3k has 2x 10g lacp with no additional config (such as hsrp ... from upstream) as uplink, just a simple lacp.

thanks,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card