Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000 Series- Too many ICMP redirect host and drop

Janish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a very peculiar issue.

I have a Cisco 4500 series switch and two Nexus Switches(in HSRP V2) in my network.

All my subnets gateway is Nexus Switches except for User and Voice subnet. So now we decided to make Nexus the gateway of these subnets too. 

I moved today the Voice and data network to the core switch with the same interface ip address as the Virtual IP of the subnet. The user subnet is working fine and no issue. But in voice subnets we are facing issues.

When we make internal call everything is fine. But when we make a outside call or call to branch office through VPN the voice is not really blurry or not at all clear for the user at the other end of line. So I did a packet capture from the phone and I could see there are so many icmp drops and icmp redirect host in the same subnet.

Our current Version in Nexus is NX-OS 7.0(2)N1(1). Is there any Bug for this version?

Because I have already checked it with a IPT engineer he said there is no issue in IPT side.

I'm attaching the packet capture along with this which was a call between these two following IP phones

In packet capture

Source IP= 172.16.21.133 and Destination IP= 172.16.24.55

CUCM Server IP= 172.16.21.10

IP of Nexus-sw1 in hsrp = 172.16.21.253

Voice VLAN details are : 

virtual ip = 172.16.21.254   

Kindly can someone provide any solution to this prolem?

Also is NX-OS Version 7.0(2)N1(1) is ug free?

Thank You.

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For testing, can you try and not use HSRP for the voice vlan (just IPs on the physical interfaces) and make another call and test?

HTH 

Hi Reza,

Thank You for your response.

I would test it tomorrow and will update you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card