cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 without N2K

raheeliqbal
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out if we Can plug devices such as servers directly into Nexus 5548 using SFP+ for 10G link or Nexus 2K Fabric extenders are required? i am stuggling to get just nexus 5548 (without 2k in a bundle) from ccw.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

donlindsay70
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can connect your servers directly to the N5548s at 10Gb. The N2Ks when connected to upstream N5K/N7Ks are managed from those devices. You need to verify that you have the correct 10Gb interface types on both the servers and the N5Ks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can connect 1GE or 10GE devices directly to the Nexus 5000 provided you use appropriate transceivers. For 10GE make sure it's listed on the 10-Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix and for 1GE check it's on the Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix.

As far as CCW, it seems all the Nexus 5500 series bundles in CCW either include FEX or the storage license. This means you'll have to build from base components. Start in CCW with the part i.d. N5K-C5548UP-FA (Nexus 5548 UP Chassis, 32 10GbE Ports, 2 PS, 2 Fans) and then go through the "Select Options" to add the rest of the components you need.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

donlindsay70
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can connect your servers directly to the N5548s at 10Gb. The N2Ks when connected to upstream N5K/N7Ks are managed from those devices. You need to verify that you have the correct 10Gb interface types on both the servers and the N5Ks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can connect 1GE or 10GE devices directly to the Nexus 5000 provided you use appropriate transceivers. For 10GE make sure it's listed on the 10-Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix and for 1GE check it's on the Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix.

As far as CCW, it seems all the Nexus 5500 series bundles in CCW either include FEX or the storage license. This means you'll have to build from base components. Start in CCW with the part i.d. N5K-C5548UP-FA (Nexus 5548 UP Chassis, 32 10GbE Ports, 2 PS, 2 Fans) and then go through the "Select Options" to add the rest of the components you need.

Regards

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card