cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5600 object-group support?

Charles W
Level 1
Level 1

There seems to be conflicting information in some of the documentation with respect to whether or not the Nexus 5000 series support configuration of object-groups.

Some blog/forum posts say it's only supported in the 7000 line and IOS. Some configuration guides make reference to object-group commands. Some command-references have an object-group section, others do not. Essentially, I've tried to rtfm - it's just that the manual is inconsistent. It's not listed in feature navigator, so I won't hold my breath...but I'm not 100% confident about the accuracy of feature navigator, given everything else.

That being said, would it be possible to get clarification on whether or not this platform does support object-group configuration for hosts/ports? If it doesn't currently, is there a plan to include this feature? Further, if it's not supported and there's no plan for it to be supported on the 5000 series, it might be wise to scrub all existing n5k documentation for object-group commands, so as to avoid future confusion for dummies like me.

We're planning to migrate some basic filtering and classification away from other equipment and onto a pair of N5672UP switches... I'd very much like to not have to write a million ACLs and  ACEs (and re-write/re-number when things change!) :)

Thanks in advance for any replies!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charles,

I completely understand your situation .it is actually confusing :(

Starting 7.3(0)N1(1) we start supporting ACL object-group feature for Nexus 5500/5600/6000.

CSCva79703    Update N5K/N5600/N6K release notes for ACL object-group feature support

But release notes are not updated accordingly. Need to update release notes. the above BUG was raised to update the release notes.

hope this information will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charles,

I completely understand your situation .it is actually confusing :(

Starting 7.3(0)N1(1) we start supporting ACL object-group feature for Nexus 5500/5600/6000.

CSCva79703    Update N5K/N5600/N6K release notes for ACL object-group feature support

But release notes are not updated accordingly. Need to update release notes. the above BUG was raised to update the release notes.

hope this information will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thank you for the clarification!

Sadly, I cannot see the page you linked - but I appreciate it nevertheless :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card