Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 and Bluecoat port speed

avelasquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

Wondering if you have experienced this situación. I have a Nexus 7000 connected to a Bluecoat Proxy SG400 and for some reason it haven't been possible to setup the full 1gbps speed on the Nexus 7k side. 

When setting up speed and duplex in auto, it negotiates at 100mb/s fast ethernet and when manually setting speed 1000 full duplex on both the Nexus and the Bluecoat, connectivity is lost completely, untig setting auto or fast ethernet again. 

I tried connecting the Bluecoat to a laptop and a regular Cisco Switch and the full gigabit works perfectly but on the core Nexus it just doesn't... 

Thanks in advance and any ideas are welcomed 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- On Bluecoat , interface setting check , value of Auto or Manual for link negotiation , toggle from current setting(s) e.g. , check if that can make any difference, also look at interface capacity (should probably confirm 1g ,according to the PC-test)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you post nexus port config here :  (how far is the device bluecoat from switch port) - hope we are considering ethernet here (not Fibre ?)

Try on the nexus side :

1. Default the Interface config (removing any cables connected)

2. interface config to speed 1000

3. configure interface rest of the config

4. connect Bluecoat device and test it 

post the logs when you connecting to that port.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card