Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 neighbor statement

Hi all,

We have an issue with limited multicast traffic allowed on our provider network (metro ethernet). So currently our OSPF adjacencies time out from time to time. Remembering that the neighbor command changes EIGRP communication to a neighbor from multicast to unicast, I am trying to see if it will work for us. However, I do not see the command on the 7000. Can anyone tell me if it is not supported anymore, or if there is an alternative command. other suggestion resolving the multicast issue is also welcome.

Thanks!

Jacques

2 Replies 2

Edwin Summers
Level 3
Level 3

Are you looking under router config? I believe it is under interface config. ip ospf neighbor

I'll have to lab this up later, as I haven't worked with it on a broadcast network.

Just offering although you may have already thought of alternatives: adjusting timers and flooding, or using a GRE tunnel.

Best regards,
Ed

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks Edwin, turns out it is not supported at this time, and not in the roadmap. Problem with GRE is that we are running OTV which is already GRE, so we will be running a tunnel within a tunnel (ouch). So I am going to give flood reduction in ospf a shot. Just do not know what the gotchas will be. The network is stable, so it might work.

Thanks!

Jacques

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card