cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7k number of supported VPC

t814687
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, can someone give me a reference on maximum number of VPC domains per VDC on the latest code for N7k?

We are building a new datacenter with 5k upstream to 7k with 2 VPC per 5k. How far we can scale?

Thanks

Serg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

t814687 wrote:

Hello, can someone give me a reference on maximum number of VPC domains per VDC on the latest code for N7k?

We are building a new datacenter with 5k upstream to 7k with 2 VPC per 5k. How far we can scale?

Thanks

Serg

Serg

NX-OS 4.2 supports up to 256 VPCs per device but you can only have one VPC domain per VDC, see attached link for details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_vPC.html#wp1558683

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

t814687 wrote:

Thanks

Serg

Serg

NX-OS 4.2 supports up to 256 VPCs per device but you can only have one VPC domain per VDC, see attached link for details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_vPC.html#wp1558683

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

I am little confused on this aspec:

If I can have only one vPC domain per VDC what does it mean by 256 vPCs per device. Does this mean 256 vPC peer links?

thanks

Rish

don't get confused with vpc peer link, vpc domain ID and vpc member.  one domain ID per vdc, and plenty of vpc member.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: