cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7k remote wipe question

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

have need to write erase and reload from remote site.  Doc says write erase leaves the boot vars and mgmt0 information including ip addres, gateway and vrf routing information which is perfect.  But says NOTHING of login or password for ability to actually log and and config again.  Anyone done this before as testing from across state not good way to find out cant do it    cmp's are all configured up but sounds as if they will go away since their basic config comes from supervisor I need to wipe out.

thanks

dave

2 Replies 2

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

I'm pretty sure that after write erase and reboot you must have console access to configure new admin password. There is no default password, and telnet access will always ask for username and password, so you won't be able to login through telnet. Also, I know that CMP always has a sync'ed password from CP, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to auth to CMP after write erase and reboot, but even if you could, not sure what that would let you do since you can't console into CP from CMP.

I believe you'll need console access to recover this.

I agree on all points, reason I am asking, if they leave the mgmt 0 there intact then leads to asking....that said, cmp should be LEFT ALONE for this, perfect way to do this, so it "almost" replaces external terminal server

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card