jediaelbouanga4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco Nexus 7K with two supervisors,

I entered the commands :

boot kickstart bootflash:/n7700-s2-kickstart.8.4.3.bin sup-1
boot system bootflash:/n7700-s2-dk9.8.4.3.bin sup-1

And now I want the standby supervisor (sup-2) to be able to take over in the event of a failover, keeping the same configurations including the IP address of the management interface. So,

Can I just enter 'boot auto-copy' cammand with no risk of restarting ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @jediaelbouanga4 

To enable automatic copying of boot image files to the standby supervisor module, use the boot auto-copy command. 

Usage Guidelines

when automatic copying of image files is enabled, the Cisco NX-OS software copies the image files referred to by the boot variable to the standby supervisor module. These image files must be present in local memory on the active supervisor module. For kickstart and system boot variables, only those image files that are configured for the standby supervisor module are copied. For modules images, all modules present in the standby's corresponding locations (bootflash: or slot0:) will be copied.

This command does not require a license

Référenceshttps://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/fundamentals/command/reference/fnd_commands.html#wp1189647

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @jediaelbouanga4 

To enable automatic copying of boot image files to the standby supervisor module, use the boot auto-copy command. 

Usage Guidelines

when automatic copying of image files is enabled, the Cisco NX-OS software copies the image files referred to by the boot variable to the standby supervisor module. These image files must be present in local memory on the active supervisor module. For kickstart and system boot variables, only those image files that are configured for the standby supervisor module are copied. For modules images, all modules present in the standby's corresponding locations (bootflash: or slot0:) will be copied.

This command does not require a license

Référenceshttps://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/fundamentals/command/reference/fnd_commands.html#wp1189647

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card