Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9000 connectivity with Cisco 2960/3560

Hi All ,

I am having an issue with the connectivity between My Nexus 9000 and My old switches ( Cisco 2960,3560 ) .

Scenario is as follows .

1- I have two nexus switches with vPC configured between them and then connected to an ASA-5545x Cluster

2- This ASA layer is responsible for providing Internet to My old network.

3- I have created a trunk between the old switch and Nexus switch to extend the vlans for Internet gateway connectivity .

4- All the ports on cisco old switches which i assign Vlans for end users are able to ping public IPs

5- All those users are able to resolve urls.

6- The only issue is that whenever a user wants to browse they are not able to do so .

7- I have tried all the possible steps even by changing the trunk configs from Nexus as well but the result was same.

8- As soon as I patch those users direct on the Nexus they are able to browse Internet .

I think this is a TCP issue but I am still unable to find the root cause and resolve it , I know this might sound very strange but this is what I have been troubleshooting since 3 days .

Below is My Nexus end Trunk config for Old switch .

interface Ethernet1/32
  description ** Trunk With Old-Switch **
  switchport
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,172,180,201
  spanning-tree port type network
  no shutdown

spanning-tree port type network was just added to check whereas earlier the spanning-tree port type was normal .

I have also tried by making it edge trunk .

Regards

Hassan Shah

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you post a diagram showing how all devices are physically connected together?

Is the default gateway for users located on the firewall or Nexus?

HTH

Hi Raza ,

Default gateways for users are located on Firewall .
I have attached the diagram to make the scenario clear , you may find it in the attachments .

Regards

Hassan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card