cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 93180YC-EX data broker NDB embedded NXAPI - error during install

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I'm trying a proof of concept with the NDB on a nexus 98180YC-EX. It is a single switch topology and I'm going down the path of NXAPI with the embedded manager. The 93180 is running nxos version 7.0(3)I7(5a).

I have python script NDBActivator3.0_I5_Plus.py and ndb file ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.0.zip in the root of bootflash:

My Virtual Service List shows guestshell active.

Name                    Status             Package Name
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
guestshell+             Activated          guestshell.ova

My role and privilege are good:

show user-account
user:admin
    this user account has no expiry date
    roles:network-admin
account created through REMOTE authentication
Credentials such as ssh server key will be cached temporarily only for this user
 account
Local login not possible
show privilege
User name: admin
Current privilege level: 15
Feature privilege: Disabled

When I run the following command:

python bootflash:NDBActivator3.0_I5_Plus.py -v guestshell+ /bootflash/ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.zip

I get the following error:

2019-01-11 14:47:48,474 - __main__ - INFO - Validating Guestshell version
2019-01-11 14:47:52,634 - __main__ - INFO - Resized the guestshell resources
2019-01-11 14:47:52,635 - __main__ - ERROR - Something went wrong while extracting zip file

I have plenty of space in bootflash: (51GB).

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

curious to know what is causing this...

Are there any errors logged in  /var/nxapi/logs/error.log ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

try and add the '-force' keyword:

python bootflash:NDBActivator3.0_I5_Plus.py -v guestshell+ /bootflash/ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.zip -force

Also make sure that the file in bootflash matches exactly the name of the file you are referencing (check if the file in bootflash is named ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.0.zip by any chance)...

Georg, thank you for taking the time to respond. The --force keyword simply suppressed the 2nd message "Resized the guestshell resources", but I had the same error message regarding the zip file. I did a cut/copy paste of the filename directly from the dir bootflash: output into the python command, so I know I have the filename correct. I was also able to go into the bash shell and manually unzip the file (just to verify the integrity of the zip file).

Lastly, I downgraded to I6-1 image just to see if that had an effect - which is also supported by the same python script, and I had the same problem.

I also verified the roles and privledge were correct. I was originally using TACACS to authenticate to the CLI, but to remove that factor, I used local authentication - with the same result.

Since this is a proof of concept, I'm not able to open a TAC case, but my local SE is going to do that on Monday.

Hello,

curious to know what is causing this...

Are there any errors logged in  /var/nxapi/logs/error.log ?

Errors are logged to the NDB log....but they are not debug level errors.....just the messages I showed you.

When defining ZIP file path, make sure you define it in linux way and not IOS was. 

See my command:

python bootflash:NDBActivator3.0_I5_Plus.py -v guestshell+ /bootflash/ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.0.zip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card