I'm trying a proof of concept with the NDB on a nexus 98180YC-EX. It is a single switch topology and I'm going down the path of NXAPI with the embedded manager. The 93180 is running nxos version 7.0(3)I7(5a).
I have python script NDBActivator3.0_I5_Plus.py and ndb file ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.0.zip in the root of bootflash:
My Virtual Service List shows guestshell active.
Name Status Package Name
guestshell+ Activated guestshell.ova
My role and privilege are good:
this user account has no expiry date
account created through REMOTE authentication
Credentials such as ssh server key will be cached temporarily only for this user
Local login not possible
User name: admin
Current privilege level: 15
Feature privilege: Disabled
When I run the following command:
python bootflash:NDBActivator3.0_I5_Plus.py -v guestshell+ /bootflash/ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.zip
I get the following error:
2019-01-11 14:47:48,474 - __main__ - INFO - Validating Guestshell version
2019-01-11 14:47:52,634 - __main__ - INFO - Resized the guestshell resources
2019-01-11 14:47:52,635 - __main__ - ERROR - Something went wrong while extracting zip file
I have plenty of space in bootflash: (51GB).
Solved! Go to Solution.
try and add the '-force' keyword:
python bootflash:NDBActivator3.0_I5_Plus.py -v guestshell+ /bootflash/ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.zip -force
Also make sure that the file in bootflash matches exactly the name of the file you are referencing (check if the file in bootflash is named ndb1000-sw-app-emb-i6-plus-k9-3.7.0.zip by any chance)...
Georg, thank you for taking the time to respond. The --force keyword simply suppressed the 2nd message "Resized the guestshell resources", but I had the same error message regarding the zip file. I did a cut/copy paste of the filename directly from the dir bootflash: output into the python command, so I know I have the filename correct. I was also able to go into the bash shell and manually unzip the file (just to verify the integrity of the zip file).
Lastly, I downgraded to I6-1 image just to see if that had an effect - which is also supported by the same python script, and I had the same problem.
I also verified the roles and privledge were correct. I was originally using TACACS to authenticate to the CLI, but to remove that factor, I used local authentication - with the same result.
Since this is a proof of concept, I'm not able to open a TAC case, but my local SE is going to do that on Monday.
Errors are logged to the NDB log....but they are not debug level errors.....just the messages I showed you.