cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No 'power inline' commands on 1921

tomrayjr
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a 15.1 or so version of the IOS on a 1921 router. I have plugged in the external PoE injector into the router, and the PoE light on the front of the case is lit green. I have no options in the IOS to enable power on the EHWIC ports. Any ideas? I have most licenses enabled, including data and security.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Will you please check your EHWIC Product Number: EHWIC-D-8ESG does NOT support PoE while EHWIC-D-8ESG-P is PoE capable (the difference is ILPM-8 daugter card). To support PoE EHWIC you also need PoE Power Supply (P/N: PWR-1900-POE) which in the case of your box is external to the router (the box ships with the AC Power Supply by default) - perhaps this is what you call "external PoE injector".

Best regards,

Antonin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using an ether switch module in the EHWIC slots? The 1921 on supports POE delivery on integrated switch modules.

8-Port Cisco Gigabit Ethernet EHWIC. It says in the marketing literature that it supports PoE.

More specifics:

8-Port Cisco Gigabit Ethernet EHWIC (D8ESG)

IOS: 15.1(4)M4.

Yep, the -P was the problem. Didn't even know -P's existed. Thanks.

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Will you please check your EHWIC Product Number: EHWIC-D-8ESG does NOT support PoE while EHWIC-D-8ESG-P is PoE capable (the difference is ILPM-8 daugter card). To support PoE EHWIC you also need PoE Power Supply (P/N: PWR-1900-POE) which in the case of your box is external to the router (the box ships with the AC Power Supply by default) - perhaps this is what you call "external PoE injector".

Best regards,

Antonin

Yep, the -P was the problem. Didn't even know -P's existed. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card