Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to allocate F2 Module Interfaces in a VDC

siproject
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to Nexus Series. Today, I was going to configure two new Nexus 7018 Chassis. (Each containing 7 F2 Modules & one M XL Ethernet Line Card).

I had created a VDC & want to allocate all the Interfaces (including all from F2 & M XL Modules) in a single VDC. But after allocating, i observe that only Interfaces present in M XL Ethernet Line Cards are allocated in the VDC. On issuing command, "show vdc membership", it was still showing all interfaces of all F2 modules UNALLOCATED!!!

Next, I created another VDC & tried to allocate only F2 Module Interfaces in the same. But nothing happened. Still all F2 Interfaces showing in default VDC (VDC id : 0).

In any permutation & Combination, I am not able to see these F2 Interfaces (all filled with SFP-10G-SR) & not able to start the required Configuration.

Not even a Single Port from F2 Line Cards is being allocated in a VDC.

Am i missing some Basic Step? I couldn't find any important Step in any Cisco Config Guide which i may be missing.

Kindly help me. I am stuck in the very beginning.

FYI: Nexus 7018 OS version : 6.1 (2)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SO i have to give this command in VDC in order to enable F2 Interfaces in the same?

You need to run this command in Admin VDC.

After this, If i allocate F2 Interfaces, will they appear in the VDC?

yes

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

siproject
Level 1
Level 1

I found this:

To configure the line card type resource limit for a virtual device context (VDC), use the limit-resource module-typecommand. To revert to the default, use the no form of this command.

limit-resource module-type [f1 | f2 | m1 | m1x1| m2x1]

SO i have to give this command in VDC in order to enable F2 Interfaces in the same?

"limit-resource module-type  f2"

You need to run this command in Admin VDC.

yes

HTH

Thanks Reza

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card