Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to do NAT configuration on Nexus 6K

shoaib sheikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am not able to do any ip nat inside and ip nat outside on any of the interfaces on my Nexus 6K. Please let me know if any feature need to be enable for nat configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

didnt say they were just layer 2 nexus are l2 and l3 depending on your modules like a 6500 switch but they dont do NAT , same as a layer 3 switch , you need an actual router to do NAT translations , i have 9ks,7ks,5ks and 2ks no NAT feature available  on any of them

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Nexus like catalyst do not support NAT , you will need a router for that function

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reply. It can run ospf, eigrp and bgp with repsective feature commands. I think its not a pure L2 device.

Hi

didnt say they were just layer 2 nexus are l2 and l3 depending on your modules like a 6500 switch but they dont do NAT , same as a layer 3 switch , you need an actual router to do NAT translations , i have 9ks,7ks,5ks and 2ks no NAT feature available  on any of them

Sorry hold that looks like 6ks do support it but the others dont yet

Run show feature see if NAT is there , then enable it with conf t feature NAT

Hi Mark,

Thanks for assistance. I have searched on internet, upgraded image of 6k and show feature doesnt show anything for NAT. Seems like this platform doesnt support NAT although in configuration guide for 6K they show NAT configuration.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card