cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

not able to join this new switch into existing domain.. and unable to authenticate with tacacs.

rehan alam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please help as i am not able to add new 3750G switch into existing domain even after the domain name is correct .. and unable to authenticate with tacacs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rehan,

Are you refering, not able to add switch to VTP domain?If so please provide the output of show vtp status. Are you getting any error message?

Also for authetication have you already added the new ip address of the switch as aaa client on the tacacs server? If so could you please share the running configuration of switch?

Regards

Najaf

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rehan,

Are you refering, not able to add switch to VTP domain?If so please provide the output of show vtp status. Are you getting any error message?

Also for authetication have you already added the new ip address of the switch as aaa client on the tacacs server? If so could you please share the running configuration of switch?

Regards

Najaf

Hi Najaf,

Now the switch is added to Domain.

FOr authentication :- i have not feed the switch IP to TACACS server. I have given the tacas ip to switch and also the auth passwords..

Hi Rehan,

So everything is fixed now?

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

no. still cannot login through OHR ID's.. can only loging into switch through Switch ADMIN ID

Hi,

Sorry what is OHR ID? Is this id working for other devices?What tacacs server are you using? You have mentioned that you have not added the switch ip address to TACACS server? Are you able to ping the tacacs server from switch?

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card