Views
Helpful
Replies

Not asking for enable password on cisco switch

Haider Raza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i configured enable password on my cisco switch, while logging into the switch is not asking and it goes to the # mode directly.

Here i attached screen shot of config so Kindly help.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Depends on the assigned privilege-level, of the user , you logon with.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

how i solve the problem , please let me know, what should i keep the standard configuration to avoid this issue ... 

fotismark
Level 1
Level 1
Hi friend,
You have configured passwords for console, vty lines etc. So when you connect to the switch through a console does it request for password? It should. But for the Enable to request password, go to Conf t terminal, and Enable password, or enable secret. Difference are secret is encrypted password is not. then exit and try again

Hello

All depend on your access credential and how it configured.

It could be you have login disabled on these lines or you have assigned privilege level or both  and using  local database username/password

If you want to use a generic priv exec password with a local username then:

Username STAN secret fred
enable secret  letmein

line con 0
login local

line vty 0 4
login local

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks for your support

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card