Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%NVRAM: Unable to read configuration. Try again later

Dear Folkz,

I'm getting the below error in cisco 3750 stack switches (8 switches are stacked).

%NVRAM: Unable to read configuration. Try again later

plz advice me that how to avoid this ?? PLz share if any cisco document is available.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Muru,

The issue is triggered when you have a large configuration file and immediately after exiting the configuration mode you attempt to save the configuration in NVRAM.  The issue is related to an internal timer event whose behavior cannot be modified.

If you give a sufficient time between an exit from configuration mode before saving the configuration the problem will not resurface.

You can also find one known DDTS - CSCtn46265 which explains the issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate if this info is helpfull.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

you can try erasing the nvram and check

KVS

Even write erase also tried but no luck & problem is still persist :-(

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Muru,

The issue is triggered when you have a large configuration file and immediately after exiting the configuration mode you attempt to save the configuration in NVRAM.  The issue is related to an internal timer event whose behavior cannot be modified.

If you give a sufficient time between an exit from configuration mode before saving the configuration the problem will not resurface.

You can also find one known DDTS - CSCtn46265 which explains the issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate if this info is helpfull.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: