Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have some ASR WAN routers which have a dedicated 400M interface to a remote site.Servers on our Local network source the data through some firewalls via 10G interfaces, which connects to 4500X WAN switches then to the Routers on 1G links.The sourc...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a cisco 3800 router on the top of my topology.100% of the company traffic goes through this interface.We are in process of putting a firewall before this interface.. and we need to know the size of data processed through this interface per ...

Fouad Ata by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,we are having some issues with dropped packets on the network and the cabling company just ran a report stating that 75% of our drops have a dB of 10% headroom or less which they say could explain the packet loss.  Can someone tell me what the ...

Hi there, I wonder are 4500-E series line cards (i.e. WS-X4648-GB-RJ45, WS-X4748-UPOE+E and WS-X4606-X2-E) supported on 4507R chassis? Datasheet says "Classic line cards may be deployed in both classic and E-Series chassis with either classic Cisco C...

I try to continious ping from my PC to router (ping -t) i found that after specific duratin some packets are lossed (one or two packets) then the ping still normall for another duration after that duration the problem occure again.I tried to ping the...

I have a Catalyst switch that is redistributing some static routes into OSPF. These are received on a Nexus 7K and appear in the database however the 7K does not add them to its routing table, one of the routes is ignored and not added. I haven't got...

Hi,I have a Cisco router 3800 Version 12,4 between my main Firewall and my Corporate LANI am in a phase of implementing a Mcafee Web Gateway between my Cisco router and my firewall.This device basically will receive all teh traffic of my company, and...

Fouad Ata by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,How do we calculate the throughput of a switch. If the specification is XXXX. If we use only two ports and operational what will be the throughput og those two ports. Please clarifyThanks & Regards,Naveen

Hi,We have a pair of WS-C3750X-24T-S in a stack and four WS-C2960S-48TS-L in a stack of their own. There is not really anything too fancy configured (no special VLAN configuration/trunks or etc.) but the 3750 do have two ports configured as L3 for ro...

darrkon79 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a Cisco WS-C4507R Chassis with WS-X4013+ Supervisor II+ 1000BaseX (GBIC) in redundancy. Due to new infrstructure requirements I want to add a line card that is capable of 10 GE. The software version is Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4000 L3 S...