Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-API on N9K-C9372PX returning incorrect data

Thomas Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to obtain some information from a bunch of N9K switches via NX-API and Python. I've been able to successfully pull the required info via JSON-RPC format for all the commands I've sent to the remote box (simple "show..." commands). However, one command in particular is returning incorrect data in that it doesn't match at all what it seen via CLI on the device. See below:

From NX-OS CLI:

BL01# show ip dhcp relay address
Interface Relay Address VRF Name
------------- ------------- --------
Vlan2898 10.6.6.15
Vlan2898 10.7.7.15
Vlan2899 10.6.6.15
Vlan2899 10.7.7.15

From NX-API on that same device:

NX-API

I've also checked this against multiple devices (all N9K-C9372PX running NX-OS standalone version 7.0(3)I2(2b)) and get that same result for the "relay_address" field (1.0.0.0). The same result is seen whether it's json, json-rpc or xml message formats (I prefer working with json in my python scripts). I suspect this is a software defect or the functionality for this specific command has not been added yet in NX-API. The following commands all work for comparison without issue and return the data I need:

cmds = [ "show bgp l2vpn evpn summary",
"show ip pim rp" ,
"show ip ospf",
"show nve vrf",
"show ip interface loopback 1",
"show ip interface eth1/49",
"show bgp l2vpn evpn neighbors",
"show cdp nei" ,
"show ip dhcp relay address" <----- NOT WORKING AS PER ABOVE ] 

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thomas

If that is all you are seeing when you get the request back then I would tend to agree with you that it is either a software defect or the code has not been implemented.

I only responded to suggest you may want to post this query in the Devnet forums if you haven't already as they have forums there as well -

https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer

they have a specific forum for NX-API.

Jon

Thanks Jon. I didn't realize Cisco had that separate forum. I also have an SR open against this (TAC confirmed this is a bug and devs will have a DDTS opened for it). I'll update my post with the bug ID once available. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card