Views
Helpful
Replies

NX | Double-sided vPC

ZK916
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am designing a new DC and considering using double-sided vPC between Spine (N9K-C9364C-GX) switches and Leaf (N9K-C93180YC-FX3) switches. I reviewed the Cisco vPC best practices but wasn't able to find how many vPC domains are supported in the double-sided design. So, my question is, how many vPC domains are supported in the double-sided vPC design?

I attached a draft design for clarification.

If there are any caveats or issues with this design, please feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance!

~zK

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/design/vpc_design/vpc_best_practices_design_guide.pdf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Spine run one domain for all under leafs 

Each two leaf (vPC) run one domain different than other two leafs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @ZK916,

In a double-sided vPC design, vPC is configured on both sides of the network (i.e., on both the Spine and Leaf switches). Each vPC domain operates independently with its own vPC peer-link and vPC member ports.

This means you will have two vPC domains in this design: one for the Spine switches and another for the Leaf switches.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Thanks for your input. I understand that but my question is how many pairs of leaf switches can be configured in vPC domains? If n another word, how many vPC leaf domains can be attached to the top vPC (the NX9K pair)?

see the diagram I attached in my previous post.

TY. 

@ZK916,

Ok! thanks for that clarification.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Spine run one domain for all under leafs 

Each two leaf (vPC) run one domain different than other two leafs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card