Views
Helpful
Replies

OER Configured Active Probes

kondratev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've configured my router as you can see in attahement (the same router is master and border). X.X.X.X is my router's Lo0 ip address, A.B.C.D/24 is my configured prefix and A.B.C.E is a host in A.B.C.D/24 network.

I'd like to see my configured active probe when I type the command 'show oer master active-probes'. But the list is empty. Could you tell me why?

3 Replies 3

Steve Lyons
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you have active traffic traversing your Border Routers when you issued show oer master active-probes? The BRs need to learn of traffic before probes will be created.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Steve Lyons - Cisco

Hello Steve,

No, I haven't actual traffic. If I understand you correctly, I can't see my configured active probes in the output of 'show oer master active-probes' before traffic is transmitted. Is it true?

Steve Lyons
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You will need traffic to see the probes. I would also recommend actual TCP and UDP traffic.  Once you have traffic then you can issue "show oer master active-probes force - which details manually configured probes, and "show oer master traffic active-probes application - which details automatically created probes.

Best Regards,

Steve Lyons - Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco