Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all experts.I have a 4Mb internet connection coming on my 3845 router. Following is the diagramLAN-------------------------------R1(3845)----------------------------------------Internet                               Gig0/0                  Gig0/1N...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm in the situation where I need to deploy VSS. The main issue is that one 6500 is available but not the second one. The customer persists that I deploy VSS with a single switch while waiting for the second switch to be delivered. I know it is us...

amin.amor by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to implement a QoS policy such a way that I control the bandwidth utilization between customers.Both are connected to the same 4948E-10GIG version. running enterprise level of IOS 12.2.(54)SG. The IOS does not allow hierarchical QoS. So I have...

MachadoGB by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a bunch of C3524 "stacks" (upgrade is not an option), and obviously they cannot connect to VSS via MEC like C3750 stacks do, so what will be the proactical option for me? Did anyone here experience similar headache before?you comments will be...

a12288 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

for a cisco 24 port catalyst 2960 series  switch, I can only use multicasting with this switch when the pcs  connected to it are booted with a cold boot or else multicasting doesn't  work. any possible explanations for this. how can i fix this issue...

I'm running into a road block on getting a private vlan set up for my 861W.  I'm using IOS commands only, though I think the person who originally configured it used the CCP gui. WAN interface is connected to ISP.  WLAN interface is already set up an...

I've seen some discussion on this topic before, but one thing that I would like to know moreabout is the shared memory buffer and the low latency caracteristics of these two switches.The 4948 and 4948E have a single shared memory space that eliminate...

HiWe have 11 * 3750x switches configured into 3 seperate stacks (3,4,4), I clustered them together,one of the Hostname on one of the stack changes name as though it did not originally have a hostname, If I change it back again it reverts back to the ...

Ok so I am not nearly as Cisco knowledgable as I want to be and probably less so about fiber but I have to start somewhere. I have 2 Cisco 3750x with 2 sfp+ modules (SFP-10g-lr) that don't see each other.  The layout is like this:  switch A -> fiber ...

I recently installed 3 new switches and did some intensive port work on them. like setting duplex, speed and channel-modes to them. And I'm still fairly a newbie trying to be a CCNA one day, but I keep seeing my ports go up and down.. like ports that...