Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet drop on cisco switch 4506

vishwanath1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.

i have switch network in office ,we are migrating from Plain network ( 0.0.0.0/8 ) to vlan network (0.0.0.0/24 ) .suppose system in configured with vlan ip address (0.0.0.0/24 ) and by mistake it is connected in plain network with same ip address (0.0.0.0/24) for while .After disconnecting form plain network (0.0.0.0/8) same system is connected in vlan network with same ip address . i can't ping one server (As400 server ) ,i am able to ping all other server ,which are direct connected to core switch (cisco 4506 swtich ).

after tracing the same server ip address (As400) i able to reach till core switch interface .after that it get drop.

1) If i change the ip address of system i am able to reach the same server.

2) After 2-3 days i am able to reach same server with original ip address of system.

Network flow:

core switch ( cisco 4506) connected to distribution switch (cisco 3560 )connected to  Access Swtich (cisco 2960x ).

vlan are created on distribution switch and point to point between core and distribution switch.

Kindly Suggest proper troubleshooting ways .

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Check the server for duplicate IP address especially if the server has multiple NICs. You can also try to clear the mac address and the arp entry for the server on the switch and router and test again.

HTH

Applied the same solution clear mac address and arp entry stil same problem .

clearing mac address : we have around 200 switches in office .

i cleared switches coming between path .

still problem is there it automatically work after 2-3 days .

Please share your core switch and access switch configuration. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Kindly find core ,distribution, access configuration. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card