Replies

Packet Tracer Activity Wizard - Parser View Commands Don't Match Up

hypercoyote
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lab where students configure Parser View and add some commands to it:

• commands configure include all router rip
  • commands exec include configure terminal

These two commands will actually produce four after IOS expands them.  The issue I'm having is, I've setup the answer network and the source one all correctly, and all the other assessment items work, but for some reason the commands will not be marked as correct even though they match exactly with the answer network.  I thought it was the order or something but it doesn't matter what order they're put in, it won't grade them as correct.

Any idea how to fix this?  I'm also curious how this would extend to ACLs where students are likely going to put them in slightly different orders, although I could assess that with connectivity tests instead.

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I think this happens between different PT versions.  I noticed some similar issues When new version of PT is released and you are trying to use PT Activity that was made for previous version of PT (aka fault of PT).

I would report this to PT people using Help Menu, then Report an issue in PT

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

I decided to check this theory out, so I created a brand new PKA file from scratch using this version of PT using parser views on it, but it does the same thing as the other file.  But the info on the reporting is helpful, I honestly never even knew that was there.   I'll submit a ticket and see what happens, then report back if it's helpful.

Nobody has every replied to my ticket 🤷‍

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card