Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer DHCP and switching help

dennis-basic
Level 1
Level 1

PacketTracer_qPrkkK8FUm.png

Hi! I'm experiencing an issue where all PCs in VLANs 10 and 20 receive the correct IP addresses via DHCP. However, the client (PC4), connected to the same VLAN and switch as the DHCP server, is not getting the correct IP configuration. This problem occurs whenever I add a new PC to the same VLAN as the DHCP server. Interestingly, if I relocate the DHCP server to a different VLAN, such as VLAN 40, and reconfigure the router accordingly, PC4 receives the correct IP configuration.

Sincerely,

Dennis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SamuelGLN
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @dennis-basic 

Could you share the configuration of SW that PC4 and DHCP server are connected? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

SamuelGLN
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @dennis-basic 

Could you share the configuration of SW that PC4 and DHCP server are connected? 

Hi! The issue was that inside my DHCP-services tab I had four different pools, one for each VLAN which were named VLAN10 etc. and the default pool that is called "serverPool" which cannot be removed. I was not aware that I had to use the default pool called "serverPool" on the DHCP-server to assign IP-adresses to the computers in VLAN "30" so when I removed the pool that I named VLAN30 and just used the pool called "serverPool" as the pool for VLAN "30" the assigned IP-addresses were correct.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card