Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer, Help me

Koppen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I need help with my PKT..

I should be able to reach R4--ISP from PC5.. But it doesnt work. 

Can someone see where my problem is? Because i cant get this to work..

Password is dt153g & L2.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

here is the project with the GW router configured with subinterfaces and NAT connectivity.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hello,

what are the requirements ? With multiple routers and redundant paths, it is almost impossible to reach full connectivity with static routes.

I would suggest to use EIGRP, and configure this on all L3 devices (the L3 switch and all routers). Delete all static routes as well:

router eigrp 1

network 0.0.0.0

no auto-summary

Hello!

Thank you for your answer,really! 

Regarding requirements, RIPv2 is one of them..

Should I delete all off my static routes anyway? 

I have connection in my LAN and in my WAN but my Gw-router wont route between them...Im pretty lost 

Hello,

I see. The problem is that you have configured subinterfaces on the GW router, these keep the networks from the L3 switch from being installed in the routing table. I have removed these subinterfaces, find attached the revised file with full connectivity. I have saved the file in Packet Tracer version 7.3.1., make sure you run the same version.

Hi again Georg. The router GW should be configured as a router on a stick. Is it not necessary to have the subinterfaces then on GW? Also, the NAT does not seem to work, i can't find the translations in GW when i run the command: show ip nat translations. Any ideas of how to resolve this?

Thank you!

Hello,

if the GW router is supposed to have subinterface, the S1 switch needs to be a layer 3 switch.

By the way, the user in the thread below is working on the exact same network...

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/packet-tracer-nat-help/m-p/4258045

Hello!

Oh I thought I was alone on this terrible task..haha. 

Okey, so my switch S1 is not a layer 3 switch? I thought so! 

Thank you!

Hello,

here is the project with the GW router configured with subinterfaces and NAT connectivity.

The biggest of thanks to you Georg!

Have a great day!

Hello,

the other user with an identical network wanted to use Vlans on S1, and have S1 function as a layer 3 switch. I guess if it is not clearly specified, you could use both.

Hello, 

Hmm, yes I can see that. In the best scenario i should use a router-on-a-stick setup.. But I think I can slip that part and be pretty happy with this.

Or is it poosible with my setup? 

Hello,

either way is fine, it doesn't matter for connectivity.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card