cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer running error. Any help would be great.

F12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to run Packet Tracer 7.3.0  on a Win 7 32 machine. After installation when I am trying to start PK I am receiving an error message and when I'm clicking ok I am getting to the second one. Also, if I am trying to open a .pka file I am receiving these 2 errors in a row.

I googled about this errors but I wasn't able to find a solving. 

Do you have any idea about what can I do to make it start?

Thank you

21 Replies 21

---------------------------
PacketTracer7.exe - Imagen incorrecta
C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\bin\ucrtbase.DLL no está diseñado para ejecutarse en Windows o contiene un error. Intente instalar el programa de nuevo por medio de los medios originales de instalación, o póngase en contacto con el administrador del sistema o el fabricante de software para obtener ayuda.
Aceptar

sebasgr-13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Did you find a solution? 

Hello,

you have the exact same problem ?

Hi
Yeah the exact same one.

Hi!

Yeah the exact same one.

Hello, 

right click on the Cisco Packet Tracer icon to open the Properties. In the 'Compatibility' tab run the compatibility troubleshooter, also, try to run the program in compatibility mode. 

You also might want to run an sfc scan on your Windows machine...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista/dll-is-either-not-designed-to-run-on-windows-or-it/96e04287-7e81-49ab-afe5-f44449dd8322

Already did it but still the same problem.

It only happens with the 7.3 version, if i use another one it works fine. 

Hello!

Did you find a solution?

Thank you! i struggled with that problem since this version came out and this worked.

copiar el archivo C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll y pegarlo en  C:\Program Files\Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0\bin (reemplazar el archivo)

el archivo ucrtbase.dll que viene por defecto no es compatible con el que esta instalado en el sistema

Thank you so much. It really helped.

Funcionó! Muchas gracias!

Thanks spanish jesus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card