Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer

azux14
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I hope someone can assist me with my problem.

I've created a network in Packet tracer where all (6 departments) see each other + server + router + printers.

The requirement is I create a network where only PCs within each department see each other + server + router + printers. I'm having trouble setting this up can someone assist in configuring the set up please?

I'm also having trouble configuring the firewall.

The requirements are:

1GBPS speeds

IPs must be static

Star topology

Network must be segmented using subnetting and/or VLANs.

Computers cannot see computers in other departments but can see printer + router + server + firewall.

I'm attaching my Packet tracer file with existing setup and configuration.

Thank you I would really appreciate some help or guidance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @azux14 ,

I have reviewed your exercise and have made some changes to meet your requirements,
I have separated by VLAN from the department and assigned addresses to each VLAN.
All VLANs have their gateway in the router, so in the router I have applied an ACL that filters the traffic between them.
I enclose my progress.

Regards

View solution in original post

Hello,

here is the final version based on the requirements you have sent. I have changed some IP addressing, cleaned up the access lists, and configured the ports on the switches. Review it so you understand what is going on...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @azux14 ,

I have reviewed your exercise and have made some changes to meet your requirements,
I have separated by VLAN from the department and assigned addresses to each VLAN.
All VLANs have their gateway in the router, so in the router I have applied an ACL that filters the traffic between them.
I enclose my progress.

Regards

Thanks a lot Luis, I appreciate your help with this :) I will now use your example to teach myself on how to configure the network correctly myself.

Hello,

here is the final version based on the requirements you have sent. I have changed some IP addressing, cleaned up the access lists, and configured the ports on the switches. Review it so you understand what is going on...

Thanks a lot Georg, that is brilliant ! I have reviewed it and understand what's going on now. 

Should the Firewall be visible by all computers? If it should be visible then can I do the following to add it and nothing else:

ip access-list extended VLAN10

permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.63 host 192.168.1.4

permit ip host 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.63

!

ip access-list extended VLAN20

permit ip 192.168.1.64 0.0.0.15 host 192.168.1.4

permit ip host 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.64

!

etc for all 6 VLANs? 

Thanks again ! Much appreci

Thanks a lot Georg, that is brilliant ! I have reviewed it and understand what's going on now. 

Should the Firewall be visible by all computers? If it should be visible then can I do the following to add it and nothing else:

ip access-list extended VLAN10

permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.63 host 192.168.1.4

permit ip host 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.63

!

ip access-list extended VLAN20

permit ip 192.168.1.64 0.0.0.15 host 192.168.1.4

permit ip host 192.168.1.4 192.168.1.64

!

etc for all 6 VLANs? 

Thanks again ! Much appreciated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card