Pair of Nexus 7010 - Randomly drop packets for certain SRC/DST IP when create new VLAN
We have a pair of NEXUS 7010, version 6.0(2), in a hybrid enviroment, connect to VPC and non-VPC access switches.
We use VTP version 2, I have checked carefully on every switches , they run the same version, same domain with same password.
We tried to creat a vlan by issuing command "vlan name" on 1 of the Nexus 7010
Right after the vlan command entered:
- From syslog server I received this on ALL port channels
%ETHPORT-3-IF_ERROR_VLANS_SUSPENDED: VLANs 63 on Interface port-channel9 are being suspended. (Reason: Vlan is not allowed on Peer-link)
- The new VLAN I just created is not populated on the 2nd Nexus or the rest of the switches
- The whole network randomly drop connections by Source/Destination IP address. Not every workstations lost network connections.
For example: We have a subnet that has 200 computers, about 70 of them lost connectivity as soon as I created the VLAN. You can’t even ping SOME of them from the same layer2 subnet. All those 70 didn’t respond to ping from a difference VLAN.
- I tried to restart Secondary VPC – Nexus 1, that brought back about 30 of the workstations. I can ping them from same vlan and difference vlans
- I then restarted Primary VPC – NEXUS 2, brought all workstations back online.
- This happened to multiple VLAN and subnet with multiple computers , not just 1 VLAN above.
To participate in this event, please use the button to ask your questions
In this session attendees will receive an introduction to Software Defined-WAN (SD-WAN) and the importance of control connections, and learn how to configure devices usi...
Community Live- May the SD-WAN Force Be With You
(Live event - Tuesday 19th January, 2021 at 10:00 am Pacific/ 1:00 pm Eastern / 7:00 pm Paris)
This event took place on Tuesday 19th, January 2021 at 10:00hrs PDT
In this session attendees recei...
Cisco DNA Center
What's new in Cisco DNA Center 2.1.2
Cisco DNA Center 2.1.2.x Features and Capabilities
Cisco DNA Center -Intent Based Networki...
A major international airport is looking to build a cutting-edge new terminal, designed to run 24/7 with no interruptions. With the airport always on round the clock, a critical component required to support this is the surveillance infrastructure, which ...