Pair of Nexus 7010 - Randomly drop packets for certain SRC/DST IP when create new VLAN
We have a pair of NEXUS 7010, version 6.0(2), in a hybrid enviroment, connect to VPC and non-VPC access switches.
We use VTP version 2, I have checked carefully on every switches , they run the same version, same domain with same password.
We tried to creat a vlan by issuing command "vlan name" on 1 of the Nexus 7010
Right after the vlan command entered:
- From syslog server I received this on ALL port channels
%ETHPORT-3-IF_ERROR_VLANS_SUSPENDED: VLANs 63 on Interface port-channel9 are being suspended. (Reason: Vlan is not allowed on Peer-link)
- The new VLAN I just created is not populated on the 2nd Nexus or the rest of the switches
- The whole network randomly drop connections by Source/Destination IP address. Not every workstations lost network connections.
For example: We have a subnet that has 200 computers, about 70 of them lost connectivity as soon as I created the VLAN. You can’t even ping SOME of them from the same layer2 subnet. All those 70 didn’t respond to ping from a difference VLAN.
- I tried to restart Secondary VPC – Nexus 1, that brought back about 30 of the workstations. I can ping them from same vlan and difference vlans
- I then restarted Primary VPC – NEXUS 2, brought all workstations back online.
- This happened to multiple VLAN and subnet with multiple computers , not just 1 VLAN above.
Inviting all network professionals in operations! We'd like to understand what would be valuable for you in a mobile application. Your response will help Cisco improve a product feature that could benefit you. Thanks!
Click here to take the sur...
Cisco’s software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) solution allows user to quickly and seamlessly establish an overlay fabric to connect an enterprise’s data centers, branch and campus locations, as well as colocation facilities in order to imp...
1. Log into CLI of DNAC:
ssh maglev@< DNAC appliance IP> -p 2222
2. Run this curl command to get token to get member id:
curl -X POST -u admin:<admin user password> -H -V https://<CLUSTER-IP>/api/system/v1/identitymgmt/token
Enterprise Switching Business Unit is glad to announce Beta release 16.12.2 for all Catalyst 9200/9300/9400/9500/9600 and Catalyst 3650/3850 Platforms. This release is made available to allow users to test, evaluate and share fee...
Purpose of the document
This document describes the general recommendations or best practices when designing and deploying the Cisco SD-Access technology. The document assumes that the reader has a general overview of Cisco's SD-Access for Distributed C...