ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

password recovery switch 2900XL

shivudu1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I wanted to reset the password on the switch 2900xl. As per the document i hold the mode button down while the switch is unplugged. I plug back in the powe cable and when the light goes off on port 1x i release the mode button. The switch does not boot to the switch: prompt where i can issue the commands for the password recovery. It goes straight into the flash and starts booting. Any help is appreciated

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alvaro Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Im amazed that there are still XL switches out there... 

Have you tried to keep pressing the Mode button for a bit longer?

I would suggest to keep pressing it until you see the switch: prompt on console....

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Alvaro Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Im amazed that there are still XL switches out there... 

Have you tried to keep pressing the Mode button for a bit longer?

I would suggest to keep pressing it until you see the switch: prompt on console....

no wonder why you are amazed. It's not in production. It's a very old switch that i am going to use for testing.. I will give it a try. Thx for your reply...

Cool.. Pressing it a bit longer worked..

Thnx for your help..

Im amazed that there are still XL switches out there.

I know of an organization (or two) here that still uses 3524XL-EN and GigaStacking GBIC (nine in a stack, the max!).  It's used to connect and service all their Data Centre servers.  (I have never seen HP servers with Gig interface "forced" to run at 100 Mbps!)

Don't get me started.  I know.  It's just ain't "right" but the organization doesn't look kindly on the IT staff.

Alvaro Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

that's what I figured... those are good for testing and study recreations since are cheap...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card