Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer IP traffic shaping

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have eg. 61.1.1.0/26 public ip subnet provided by our ISP with 3 firewalls behind my internet router cisco 2851. My requirement is to priorotize say 3 Mbps bandwith (at any given point of time) out of 8 Mbps to one specific public IP eg. 61.1.1.4 on the internet router? is that possible, if so can you post me with the same configuration? or probably to a specific destination it should reserve 3Mbps

Firewall-1 - 61.1.1.2

Firewall-2 - 61.1.1.3

Firewall-3 - 61.1.1.4

Internt Router WAN IP - 61.0.0.1 / 255.255.255.252

Internet Router LAN IP - 61.1.1.1 / 255.255.255.192

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

access-list 1 permit host 61.1.1.4

!

class-map PRIORITY

match access-group 1

!

policy-map WAN_QOS

class PRIORITY

priority 3000

interface ........

service-policy output WAN_QOS

Edison,

Thanks for the config. So this means 61.1.1.4 will always get 3 Mbps & the other IP's in /26 subnet will get the rest of 5 Mbps bandwidth even though their IP's are not in ACL isn't?

Also in the config it is mentioned as "Service-policy output" so does it mean only it prirotize only for the outbound traffic from the internet router? what about for inbound? how can apply them as well to that the internet router can maintain 3 Mbps for inbound & outbound all the time for 61.1.1.4

Message was edited by: Anand S

Thanks for the config. So this means 61.1.1.4 will always get 3 Mbps & the other IP's in /26 subnet will get the rest of 5 Mbps bandwidth even though their IP's are not in ACL isn't?

Correct

Also in the config it is mentioned as "Service-policy output" so does it mean only it prirotize only for the outbound traffic from the internet router? what about for inbound? how can apply them as well to that the internet router can maintain 3 Mbps for inbound & outbound all the time for 61.1.1.4

You will apply only on the outbound flows as inbound traffic congestion would happen before it even hits your router.

Inbound QoS policies are often done with packet classification. Outbound QoS Policies deal with congestion avoidance and priority.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: