Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

per vlan bpdufilter on trunk port

hi,

is it possible to configure per vlan bpdufilter on trunk port? I need bpdufilter on some vlans but not on all of them.

thanks

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the use case here for this  ? explain more..there may be some alternatives.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

xconnect to remote side and L2TP backup route ... for VLANS that has same ID on both side I can use parallel tunnel with BPDUs and STP, but for VLANs with different IDs I have to filter BPDUs and use inbuilt xconnect backup. Of course that another SWITCH - ROUTER connection is alternative ... one with bpdufilter and one without it, but it would be great if there is per vlan bpdufilter on trunk port function

different VLAN do you try VLAN rewrite ?

no .... have to test it first, hope it translates BPDUs

I think no, trunk have many vlan and run bpdufilter make all trunk vlan enable bpdufilter ont only one.

But to be sure what is your switch model and ver.

Hello
Yes it is and the trunk can carry just the necessay vlan you wish to traverse it,
One reason for its usefulness can come in to play when you are performing migrations from old and new core switches, as such you would require a trunk in-between the two cores and not want that trunk to transition into a stp blocking state when you half way through migration having services running on old and new.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card