Helpful
Replies

%Permission denied for the role for N5K in role network-operator

alioune-ndiaye
Level 1
Level 1

%Permission denied for the role
Hello expert,

Could you explain me please why I get this error message %Permission denied for the role with role network-operator if I do sh running-config?

N5K,

Version:7.0(8)N1(1)If i understand i should have read access, right?

# show running-config

% Permission denied for the role

many thanks

Alioune

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can do show role but as far as I remember the show run is not part of that role. You need to create  a new role by specifying rule 1 permit command show running-config.

It needs more rights to have a view of the show run and you can't modify the default role.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can do show role but as far as I remember the show run is not part of that role. You need to create  a new role by specifying rule 1 permit command show running-config.

It needs more rights to have a view of the show run and you can't modify the default role.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

alioune-ndiaye
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks you for clarifying my doubls.

Kind regards

Alioune

alioune-ndiaye
Level 1
Level 1

Supportlan,

What  would be if we  do not use local  data base, instead my end customer use RADIUS/TACACS..

He told me that the script worked fine in 5.2(1)N1(7) ,but since the upgrade to 7.0(8)N1(1)  it no longer works .

What I understand is that whatever method (local or raduis/tacacs) you have to create a new role.

What are your thoughts?

Hi

the same applies to radius authentication as you have to push a role. This role has to be defined first on the Nexus itself first.

For Tacacs, it could be a little bit different as you say commands per commands right instead of role.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card