Views
Helpful
Replies

ping request time out switch 2960x

thanh.do2906
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i have install 1 switch 2960x for my company but have a problem as : when i ping that switch ping always <1 ms but somestime have request timeout.

i already checking cable , port is ok. 

Pls give me solution fix it if you have ideal .

Thanks so much.

10 Replies 10

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you post the output of "sh run" from the switche?

Pls check 2960x config file and if have anything wrong pls show me ,

Thanks !

Hello,

You have two trunk interfaces? Where are they connected to?

Please share the output of

show spaning-tree vlan 3 and show spaning-tree vlan 21

Masoud

i have another port config as trunk for spare , i have change it type from trunk to access,

and follow 2 command as you refer.

pls check file attached ,

Thanks !

Hello,

I do not see any problem in the configuration. This switch is only connected to one switch. Is that right? Please follow my previous comment. Try to isolate the issue. Disconnect most of the hosts in downtime and try to ping again.

Lets wait for others feedback also. I do not think the confuration has any problem. The problem must be in the network.

Masoud

Thanks for your support,

My network is have path :

core swithc --> L3 sw1 -> L3 - Sw2 - WS - C2960-24TT-L  --> sw 2960x

i will show configuaration of L3 Sw2,

pls check it , thanks !

What is the result when you ping 107.107.21.88? Do you have timeout?

Create interface vlan 3 in 2960x with an IP address in the range of your client and try to ping the IP address from one of the client connected to it. 

Sometimes, a faulty cable or virus in the network can cause timeout problem. Do you have issue when you ping from one client connected to 2960x to another client connected to the same switch?

Please remove password and snmp from your text configuration attached.

Masoud

Hello,

Do you have any problem when traffic is passing through the switch(switching)? Ping the ip address of L2 switches is usually handled by processor. If a large amount of traffic is imposed dirrectly to the switch, it may affect its function. Sometimes, the issue might be inside the network. In downtime, remove all switch connections except one PC and ping the switch. If you do not see that problem with one PC, try to install a wireshark and check your network traffic.

Hope it helps,

Masoud

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello ,

From where you are pinging the switch and have you checked pinging from different host as well.

As requested helpful if you can post Show runn from your switch.

-GI

Raja_D
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Please let me know where did you have the ip 107.107.21.1 configured(which device) in your setup and what is the gateway set to the the PC from which you are trying to reach the 2960x switch. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card