Views
Helpful
Replies

pinging google

CCIE Aspirant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have our remote office. The router is having IPsec tunnel to our main head office. All the traffic from the remote office is forwarded through the tunnel to head office router. The head office router is getting internet services from ISP 

Our Problem is that we can not ping 8.8.8.8 with size 1500 from the remote office the maximum size is 1000. 

Kindly needs solution for this matter.

16 Replies 16

It is different ping google and ping 8.8.8.8. This IP is the google dns. You should not use google dhs actually. As a company,  you may have your own dns serviço.

Would make sense to me if you were trying to get to the google cloud for example ir order to consume some service

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just responded to your other post, with two possible "solutions" (likely, though, first not available to you and second, why bother) that might allow pinging with a MTU size of 1500, across your tunnel, but a third "solution" might be, "local Internet access", i.e. use your local Internet connection (I'm presuming you have one for the tunnel) for direct Internet connectivity and "reserve" your tunnel for internet HQ access.

If your HQ provides FW access, you would, of course, lose that control.  However, depending on your local Internet needs, you might not need a separate FW device.  There's much you can often do on a router to mimic the protection of a FW, without a physical FW, more if the router has a FW feature set too.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card