Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me convert these two catOS command lines to IOS

faghouri83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

I have a problem converting a couple of catOS command lines to HP comware command lines. Im finding it a bit confusing as im not familiar with catOS. So im hoping someone here can help me convert these two lines to IOS and then hopefully from there I can then convert them to HP comware. If someone can help me convert from CatOS to comware that would be a bonus and ide really appreciate it. Anyway here they are:

set rspan source 2,5-9,25 800 both multicast enable create

set rspan destination  3/16  800  inpkts disable learning enable create

(im particularly confused about the inpkts command)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

inpkts enable - (Optional) Keywords to allow the remote SPAN destination port to receive normal ingress traffic (from the network to the bus) while forwarding the remote SPAN traffic.

In IOS, there is a ingress keyword to configure destinations to receive traffic from attached devices

Please see the detail below how to config on IOS,

To configure a VLAN as an RSPAN VLAN, perform this task:

Router# configure terminal
Router(config)# vlan vlan_ID[{-|,}vlan_ID]
Router(config-vlan)# remote-span - Configures the VLAN as an RSPAN VLAN.
Router(config-vlan)# end

To configure an RSPAN source session in SPAN configuration mode, perform this task:

Router(config)# monitor session RSPAN_source_session_number type rspan-source
Router(config-mon-rspan-src)# source {{cpu {rp | sp}} | single_interface | interface_list | interface_range | mixed_interface_list | single_vlan | vlan_list | vlan_range | mixed_vlan_list} [rx | tx | both]

Meaning - Associates the RSPAN source session number with the CPU, source ports, or VLANs, and selects the traffic direction to be monitored

Router(config-mon-rspan-src)# destination remote vlan rspan_vlan_ID - Associates the RSPAN source session number session number with the RSPAN VLAN

Router(config-mon-rspan-src)# no shutdown

Router(config-mon-rspan-src)# end

To configure an RSPAN destination session, perform this task:

Router(config)# monitor session RSPAN_destination_session_number type rspan-destination - Configures an RSPAN destination session number and enters RSPAN destination session configuration mode for the session.

Router(config-mon-rspan-dst)# source remote vlan rspan_vlan_ID - Associates the RSPAN destination session number with the RSPAN VLAN

Router(config-mon-rspan-dst)# destination {single_interface | interface_list | interface_range | mixed_interface_list} [ingress [learning]] - Associates the RSPAN destination session number with the destinations

Router(config-mon-rspan-dst)# end

Note: Enter the ingress keyword to configure destinations to receive traffic from attached devices

Refer:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/span.html

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card