cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE error on a 6500 Module - Inline Power Module - PS voltage bad

mrcooper1
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco IP phones attached to a Moduke in one of my Cat6500 access Switches suddenly went down. Upon closer  inspection of the Switch Sys log, I observed the following Sys log error messages:   [Module 9 is experiencing the following error: Inline Power Module - PS Voltage bad. ]

A sh Mod output indicates the PoE daughter card and Main Module are "ok" - see attached output. It appears issue is related to the the actual Power Supply module and not the blade module and installed PoE Daughter card. Has anyone seen this and can you advise on the solution. I am inclined to open a TAC case for a PS replacement, but wanted to see if this can be resolved without a hardware replacement. At this time all 48 IP phones attached to this module are out of Service.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Re-seat the line card in slot 9.

2.  Relocate the line card to a different slot.

You MUST do both.  Option #2 is vital because this will determine if your chassis is faulty or your card.

Thanks for the suggestion, Leo. I am going to give that a shot afterhours today, and see how it goes. From some previous posts I have seen, the issue appears more related to one of the Power Supply Mods, as opposed to the Blade Module in slot 9. I say that because the VoIP daughter card on the Blade is not indicating an error.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card