Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE Issue in Cisco Catalyst 1000-24P-4G Switch

Sagar Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, 

We have some Cisco Catalyst 1000-24P-4G-l.  We have IP based PoE cameras connected to these switches.

One weird issue we have faced last week. On one of these switches, all cameras are not getting power. When I checked "Show power inline" command, it show 195 watt available out of total 195 watt power. It means that no power is utilized by any of the connected cameras.

I deleted the startup-config and re-configure the switch but having the same issue.

Please guide me to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,

Sagar Patel

6 Replies 6

ammahend
VIP
VIP

can you share the output here

-hope this helps-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the ethernet cables used only have two pairs terminated, that would be the cause.

What is the power draw for each camera require?

Hello,

All 4-pairs are used in Ethernet cable. Actually, this setup was done before a year, and it was up and running.

Suddenly found this error last week when cameras connected to this switch went down.

These all camera require 10 watt maximum as all cameras are PoE class 0 device.

Regards,

Sagar Patel

Sagar Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Another thing I forgot to mention is that LED status of port G1/0/9 shows ON always.

If we don't connect any device to G1/0/9, still LED of that port shows up. I shutdown the port manually, but its LED show ON.

Please check attachment.

@Sagar Patel wrote:
Another thing I forgot to mention is that LED status of port G1/0/9 shows ON always.

What firmware is the switch on?

Switch IOS is c1000-universalk9-mz.152-7.E3.bin which is the default IOS which came with the switch.

We have not updated it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card