cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE on switchport suddenly not working

chiseledst
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new c9200l-48p-4x where the PoE on the port suddenly stopped working. When I plug in a link runner, I get a link and it displays the interface vlan etc. However when I plug an WAP into the switchport, the WAP does not come on.

I think  it has something to do with power settings, if you look at my screen shot, this is the "show power inline" output. The port 1/0/20 shows "power-deny" does anyone have any idea? It is happening on a few other switchports as well but I have unplugged those devices for now. Just testing with 1/0/20. Is there any other way to reset the PoE on the port? I have tried defaulting the interface. I have not tried power cycling. Wondering if it is a physical issue with power or possibly firmware? Anyone have any idea or what I can try?

To be sure it is not cabling or keystone, I am plugging directly at the switch for testing. WAP does not come on at all. When I plug it to an empty port on the stack below, it comes on. Something is wrong with the first switch or these specific ports.

SuperPutty_OW9PgBB94T.png

3 Replies 3

amitpalsingh
Level 1
Level 1

How much power is required for the device connected to port 20 ? If you have a look at the snippet you are just left with 12.5 watts.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the logs because it will say that PoE is "denied" because there is not enough PoE allowance left.  

The screenshot confirms that:  There is 12.5wac left

Look at the screenshot.  Some of the 1815W are drawing 15.4wac and others are drawing 24.5wac.  Are the USB ports enabled to the APs drawing 24.5wac?  If they are, turn off the USB to the APs and the PoE allowance will increase.

here is no more power to supply new device 
to be sure that this is case disconnect  already connect one and connect this device.
MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card