Views
Helpful
Replies

Policing vlan interface on 6500

mats.brynolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering how policing works on a 6500 with PFC3/Sup720. I would like to setup policing to 5Mbit in one direction and 10Mbit in the other direction. Can I setup different policing on input and output vlan interface? What’s input and output on a SVI interface?

If I change the policing to just [service-policy input 5mbps] would that be enough to limit the traffic in both directions to 5Mbit?

class-map match-all catch_all

match access-group 111

!

policy-map 5mbps

class catch_all

police cir 5000000 bc 26000 be 26000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop violate-action drop

policy-map 10mbps

class catch_all

police cir 10000000 bc 26000 be 26000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop violate-action drop

!

interface GigabitEthernet 1/1

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 100

mls qos vlan-based

!

interface vlan 100

no ip address

service-policy input 5mbps

service-policy output 10mbps

!

mls qos

2 Replies 2

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you apply the policing on the VLAN interface, it's an aggregate policer which apply to any interface belonging to the VLAN. The sum of all the traffic received/send from/to any interface belonging to this VLAN will be policed.

It will also police routed traffic from this VLAN to another one.

HTH

Laurent.

Thanks for clarifying that Laurent.

But what if I want to setup different policing speeds on input and output vlan interface? Is that possible since there are no input/output directions like a physical interface?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card