cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-Channel commands not showing on the Interface

CiscoIPMAN
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a port-channel between two switches and it is currently working. I need to add the following commands:

spanning-tree bpduguard disable

spanning-tree portfast disable

When I add it to the port-channel it does reflect on the interface ports. When I do a show command on the interface the commands are not there.Should I just add it to the interface itself and not the port-channel? Will this break my port-channel for inconsistent because it does match my port-channel? Or add to the port-channel and both interfaces?

Thanks for any responses

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If your switches are Nexus switches then it is perfectly okay to configure these two commands just on the Port-channel interfaces. Nexus switches do not typically propagate the settings from the Port-channel interface to the underlying physical ports.

If the switches are Catalyst switches then I would actually be surprised by the behavior; IOS propagates configurations from the Port-channel interfaces down to the physical member ports automatically and as soon as the physical port is reported as being an active member of the port-channel (see show etherchannel summary).

Best regards,
Peter

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card