cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-Channel Interfaces

dalbright1
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at a production switch that has several port-channels configured, almost one of which have descriptions.

I know what individual interface I am want to edit, but I don't know which group it is a member of.

Is there a command that will show me what interfaces belong to what channel groups? Similar to show vlan?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use "sh etherchannel summary"  or you can just look at the physical interface configuration and look for the "channel-group <number> ...." command where the number is port channel interface number. 

Be careful of editing individual interfaces in the etherchannel, there are quite a few settings that must match and if you changed one of them the port could drop out of the etherchannel. 

The recommendation is to modify the port channel interface and the change is propagated to the individual links. 

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use "sh etherchannel summary"  or you can just look at the physical interface configuration and look for the "channel-group <number> ...." command where the number is port channel interface number. 

Be careful of editing individual interfaces in the etherchannel, there are quite a few settings that must match and if you changed one of them the port could drop out of the etherchannel. 

The recommendation is to modify the port channel interface and the change is propagated to the individual links. 

Jon

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I am editing the portchannel config and not the individual interfaces. Luckily it threw an error saying I was not allowed to edit the individual interface because of the group membership.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card