Views
Helpful
Replies

Port connected but not working

DANATELLLLLLLO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team

There is a problem with the port, the port is connected but not working, architecture: converter => cisco => server, tried to connect directly without a switch all works, but from the switch does not ping and the mac address does not take. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

then there is one think I guess it make port not work, 
remove the ip flow monitor and check the port-security,  

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify port settings , such as correct VLAN assignment , for instance, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

show running config interface  

switchport mode access 

switchport port-security maximum 3 

switchport port-security violation restrict

switchport port-security mac-address sticky 

switchport port-security

ip flow monitor TEST1 input

ip flow monitor TEST2 output

no cdp enable

spanning-tree portfast 

Try to clear mac address sticky , but its already empty 

- For starters , go for a simple as possible port setup  , such as default int gix/x , then switchport mode host (e.g.) ; check if that can work, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The previous configuration worked, but after a while it stopped working. I'm trying to fix it and therefore asked a question to troubleshoot

The mac is save in two table 

Mac table and port secuirty mac table 

Did you clear mac from both table ?

the mac address table does not contain this interface (which does not work) , it turns out it has already been cleared? I only cleared sticky 

show port-security address 

All interfaces have mac addresses, but the non-working interface is not on the list

then there is one think I guess it make port not work, 
remove the ip flow monitor and check the port-security,  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card