Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding Assistance on Cisco 3550

jayesh.shah
Level 1
Level 1

Background:

We are a non-for profit religious organization. We have just installed 4 IP Cameras to allow for live streaming. We would like to take these 4 streams and attach them to our webpage ((a link) hosted by a third party), so when a user or users click on the link, they automatically get to view any of the streams. 

We are using Comcast as our provider, and they have assigned us 5 external IP's. They have told us that the modem is setup in bridge mode and that we would have to do perform our routing. We also just purchased a 24 port Cisco 3550 with L2/L3 software

Need:

For the webpage link, I would like to take one of these public IP's and assign port #, eg 23.xx.xx.xx:9095 - 23.xx.xx.xx:9098 to each of the cameras. Since the IP cameras already have an internal address of 10.1.30,25 - 10.1.30.28/24, what would i need to configure to be able to map the external ip:port # to an internal IP?

Looking for help

Thanks in advance        

Jay

1 Reply 1

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jay,

From this document it doesn't look like the 3550 will support nat:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a008011c629.shtml#topic1

The only option that I could see is to keep your router that Comcast has provided in routed mode and have them do the mapping for you, or you'll need to get another router to put behind the Comcast appliance.

HTH,

John

* Please rate all useful posts *

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card